10th May 2006
The first edition of the Festival has ended a week ago in Djerba. And the first results are very encouraging :
- 340 delegates
- 33 screenings
- 4 conferences and worshops
- 16 « Golden Jasmines » awarded
We would like to thank you all and we hope to see you next year for a second edition !
10th May 2006
During the Djerba TV Festival we were very glad to welcome: Claudia Cardinale, Roger Hanin, Maurice Jarre, Pierre Mondy, Marie-Anne Chazel, Philippe Caroit, Xavier Deluc, Shirley Bousquet, Nelson Montfort, Rachid Arhab, Bernard Farcy...
Christian Cappe, President of 2C Associés, and Jean-François Boyer, Vice-President of the USPA (the Syndical Union for Audiovisual Production), have decided to create, with the sponsorship of the Tunisian Ministry of Tourism and the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the first International Festival dedicated to television works : the « Djerba TV Festival ». The first edition of the festival has been held from the 27th April to the 1st of May.
The Festival aims to valorize the variety of productions on television in European countries and in the Middle East and North Africa (TV dramas, documentaries, animation, promotional spots), and to create a new place for exchanges and meetings between professionals.
The 2006th edition of the Festival was primarily be dedicated to :
- Previews of groundbreaking programmes: dramas, documentaries and animated films. Each screening was preceded by a conference held by the channel or the producer to present the editorial line, exportable programmes and upcoming innovations.
- Professional Meetings with debates, conferences and screenings to open up a future market.
- The announcement of future developments and the launch of an initial international trailer competition.
- A special place of honor for Tunisian audiovisual media (broadcasters, producers, directors and the technical industries)